B will be 4 months old on November 11th. Sometimes I feel a sense of panic when I realize how fast time is going. The other day I was putting his 0-3 month sized sleepers in the "too small already" box. I got choked up, and I am not an overly emotional person. I am going to blame this on my still out of whack hormones. Speaking of hormones, my skin is retaliating. I don't think I've been this broken out since 8th grade. My wonderfully thick pregnancy hair is starting to shed. I won't be surprised (but I will be annoyed) if my monthly bill shows up soon. Monthly bill...hahaha. I swear I'm not 80 years old, I just didn't know what else to call it, and I refuse to even whisper the P word. I am still breastfeeding (by way of breast pump and bottles) and just last week I went from five pumps a day to four. It is so great to have that extra 30 minutes back in the evenings. I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight at this point, but definitely not back to my former shape. That may never happen. Oh well, it was worth it. I have been running, and a few weeks ago C surprised me with a BOB jogging stroller. I love it! B loves it as well.
Enough about boring ol' me...
B has been to the pediatrician two times since his 2 month check-up. Once for a rash on his face and head (I thought eczema, the doctor diagnosed cradle cap and prescribed some oil) and the other time was for reflux. He went through an EXTREMELY fussy week, and I thought reflux medicine might be the answer. No, I am not looking for an easy out. Yes, I realize babies do cry. However, if my child is in pain and I can do something about it, why not give it a try. I don't necessarily think the Zantac is doing anything to help him, but he hasn't had as many fussy spells lately. We had physical therapy for his torticollis this week. The PT came to our house, which was really great. Now if only we could get the pediatrician, an OB, and a dentist to come to the house we'd be set. The PT said he is making great progress, and he is very strong. Other randoms...
-B rolled over for the first time last night. After his bath, I laid him on his back on his playmat to put the bathtub away, and when I came back he was on his tummy and facing a different direction! (I guess he does his best work naked?) Of course I missed it, but I was still pretty excited.
-The Rangers are in the World Series, and tonight is the deciding game.
-At his pedi appointment about 10 days ago B weighed 13.5 lbs. Big boy! (Not really, but he is big to me!)
-B talks SO much now. He is really expressive and has started using alot of consonant sounds. He has a deep voice, it is so cute.
-He has given himself a new bedtime this week. Momma can't figure out WHY. He was doing so well for a long time with going to bed at 9 to 9:30 pm and sleeping until 7:00 to 7:30 am. Suddenly he wants to stay up until 10:30 (last night was ELEVEN!) and nothing I try will get him to sleep any earlier. Babies are so confusing.
-He eats around 30 ounces a day.
-He grabs for everything now-I am a big fan of the ponytail now more than ever before.
-He is in size 1 diapers, but will move up to size 2's when our current stash runs out.
-Daddy can make him laugh so much! I get a few every now and then. :)
-He is showing signs of stranger anxiety. I was hoping he wouldn't have any stranger fears, but I guess it is a good and normal milestone.
-Texas Tech beat the #3 Sooners last weekend. It was phenomenal.
-B ran his first 5k last Saturday. He slept the entire time!
My hands are dry and cracked from bottle washing. My eyes have dark circles from not enough sleep. My blog is neglected. Rarely do I cook, and when I do it might be slightly burned. I have stretch marks on my belly now. I can't get that stupid Fisher-Price song out of my head. I am wearing spit up as I type this. It is all irrelevant. My heart is full.

3 months old.


Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment