I think (I hope) that I am normal. I know every expectant mom worries. It's only natural, and if someone tells me they don't ever worry...well, that's bs.
So anyway, at 22 weeks I am feeling good. We had more lovely weather, and therefore had another nice, long walk/jog today. C and I finished watching the documentary called The Business of Being Born. We started watching it in our birth class this past Sunday, and our instructor loaned it to us to finish. Ricki Lake is one of the directors/subjects of the film. Although I could have gone on living without ever having seen Ricki Lake's boobs, I still highly recommend watching it. It was so informative, and even though it gives hospitals a bad name I went into it with an open mind knowing that I would be giving birth in the evil establishment we call a hospital. Our doctor actually told us to watch it at our last appointment, which really earned him some cool points in my book. Oklahoma does not have "birth centers" operated by midwives. Even if they did, I really don't think I would be using one. I certainly wouldn't give birth at home. Just...no. Every woman goes into a pregnancy and birth with high expectations. I fully believe there are doctors and hospitals out there that can give a woman the birth that she wants. I think with my personality, I need to be in a hospital. Although I don't consider myself a total debbie downer, I usually have the worst case scenario playing in the back of my mind. Anyway, enough of my ramblings for one night.
Belly shots-
Week 21! I may not be partaking in horizontal stripes much longer.

Week 22...three quarters real baby, one quarter lasagna baby. I swear I can tell a difference in my belly from morning to the evening. This would be an evening shot. I feel very not cute in this picture. We are all allowed to feel that way sometimes, right? :)
Love that movie! Wish I had watched it before I had Cole but I guess it really wouldn't have made a difference. I have a huge kid.
ReplyDelete