HTML/Javascript

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

21 Weeks+6 Days

Today has been a rather uneventful day. I did some housewifely duties such as cleaning, and well...cleaning. No cooking since I made homemade lasagna the night before, and we have tons of leftovers. (Imagine that!) I can't cook for two people very well, but I'm pretty good at cooking for say, six people. The lasagna turned out great, and I will definitely hold on to the recipe. The weather was beautiful today, which meant Jake and I got in a great walk/jog. My goal is to do at least 30 minutes a day, and I think today might have been a little longer because I couldn't get enough of the awesome weather. Upper 60's, sunshine, not too windy...almost perfect. I say almost because I'd prefer it to be about 8-10 degrees warmer! Jake and I made a friend on our walk. This funny looking beagle mix stray was trollin' around our neighborhood. He had a collar, but no tag. (How hard is it to put a tag on your dog people??) I didn't let him get too close to Jake because Jake thinks he is an alpha male, but he followed us home and then made every attempt to get in our backyard. Like, crying by the gate and trying to dig under it attempts. He loved Jake for some reason. I hope he made it home because he was a friendly dog.
After Jake and I walk, we usually meet up with C and walk around the block. He runs, we walk, and then we meet up back at our street. This little walk around the block together may not sound like much, but I always enjoy it. It's our time to talk about his day at work, the weather, sports, the news, etc. No TV, Internet, phones...just us (and Jake of course.)

I try to remind myself during these moments that we don't have much more time of just us two. Don't get me wrong, I am so excited and grateful for our July addition but "us two" time is about to become practically nonexistent.

I leave you with a totally random, completely off topic picture of my rainbow roses from Valentine's Day. I was really surprised...aren't they fun? Good job, husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment