This picture warms my heart.
Someday I will actually post a birth story on here so I can remember our special day for years to come, but right now my blog posts are few and far between. They've got to be quick and unorganized. Quick and unorganized, I've always been good at that.
Two weeks after Baby W was born, we moved into my parent's house. Well, actually we are just staying here-I hate to say MOVED because all of our stuff is actually in an unknown storage unit in the Dallas area. Thanks, Air Force! It is only temporary, and luckily we have a house as of today. After much searching, calling, being told it was just rented that day, it is no longer for rent, no dogs allowed, blah, blah, blah...we found a great place just in time for C to start work in Dallas on September 6th. I love my parents and I am thankful they are willing to take all four of us in, but that would be a long commute for C. :)
Random things about the past 7 weeks...
My healing process was slow. I have just started feeling MUCH better as of last week. It is great to be able to really move again.
B started smiling so much around 6 weeks. It is his daddy's smile and I love it. Before 6 weeks he would give us those "I'm sleeping or farting" smiles, but now they are the real deal.
He is a good sleeper and eater, although for the first 4 to 5 weeks he was throwing up (not spitting up, THROWING up) alot. This made breastfeeding really frustrating, along with the fact that he never got a proper latch and I was still relying on those annoying breast shields to get the job done. With his throwing up and obvious reflux, we decided to try pumping and bottle feeding. I also cut out dairy just in case. I'm not sure what helped, perhaps it was only time needed, but he is throwing up SO much less now! He weighed 9 pounds at his pediatrician's visit at 5 weeks, so he is obviously growing. The pediatrician recommended adding a little bit of rice cereal to his bottles and trying Dr. Brown's bottles, so we are doing both. We will try anything to make Mr. B feel better! Every now and then I will breastfeed and try to get him to latch without the shield, and sometimes he will latch on as if he's been doing it since day one. We will continue to work on it, but we are happy with our routine now. I will admit that getting up at 3 in the morning to feed a baby a bottle and then going to pump is tiring, but right now with C's help and my mom's help during the day I am getting by just fine. How will it be when C is back at work and we are no longer living with grandma? We shall find out very soon.
He really loves his swing. He also really loves his carseat. B enjoys going for walks, and being carried in the Ergo. I can't wait until it isn't 100 degrees outside every day and we can take longer walks. He isn't so fond of his bassinet. He really HATES tummy time. I wouldn't like tummy time if my head was so large in proportion to the rest of my body either. It's okay, we will continue to work on it. I know he is strong because when we put him on our shoulder, he holds his head up for so long and looks all around.
People say he looks like me. People also say he looks like C. We've also gotten great-grandpa K and his late great uncle M. Who knows...I think he is a great combination of us two. C's mouth, chin, and pretty dark eyebrows. My nose and eyes. Everyone says he has big feet and is so long. Hopefully he will be tall.
He's basically the cutest baby ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment