HTML/Javascript

Monday, June 27, 2011

38 Weeks+3 Days

I had my weekly appointment last Friday at exactly 38 weeks. I've apparently been counting my days wrong on here-I think I was a day ahead when I started this blog. Whoops. So, my appointment with the midwife went well. My blood pressure was 124/80, which I'll gladly take. I was up "about a pound." My weight gain has of course slowed due to the end of pregnancy, but I also just think it's too hot to eat very much. Poor C is suffering because of it-I could gladly get by with a bowl of cereal, some yogurt, and maybe some fruit or veggies for supper these days, which isn't exactly a meal in his book. B-Dub's heart rate was in the 130's, and I measured at 38 weeks. B-Dub hates the doppler; poor baby always moves away from it as soon as she gets it placed perfectly. I'm not getting cervical checks because I really don't see the point. What good does it do to know I'm this much dilated and this much effaced? Labor, in my opinion, (although I obviously have no personal experience) seems unpredictable. Some people seem to walk around at a 3 for a month, and others can go from 0 to 10 in hours. Before my appointment, C and I walked over to the hospital where we will actually give birth. I'd been over there once for the tour, and he hadn't actually seen it yet. We tried to devise a plan as far as where we should park, the best way to get there, what to do when we get there, etc. That place is a maze to me. Hopefully we can find our way to L&D when the time comes. We preregistered while we were there. While we were there at the desk preregistering, there was a couple behind us with their bags, a car seat, and a very pregnant belly. Such a surreal thought knowing that will be us soon.

C and I have been enjoying our last days as just the two of us. We've been spending our time doing normal stuff like eating out, going to church, and going on our walks. Just the little things that aren't going to be so easy in a few weeks. This weekend after church, we went and bought a tripod-yay.

Testing out the tripod-38 Weeks+2 Days belly! My hair needs help. I'm getting urges to chop it all off or dye it dark brown again.


Last week Jake went to the groomers, I got my oil changed and car cleaned, car seat bases are installed, and this week I plan on getting a wax (fun-NOT), getting a pedicure, and maybe just maybe a prenatal massage. Gotta pamper myself while I still can, right?

Last night I had some contractions that actually made me ask, "are these real ones??" I didn't think anything of the first or really even the second one, but when I had the third one it made me wonder. Of course I Googled, "What do real contractions feel like?" and mine fit the description, except they weren't really getting more intense or closer together. I fell asleep eventually, and I feel great today. Hopefully my body is getting ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment