HTML/Javascript

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Halfway There! (20 Weeks)

I am a bad blogger. I am promising myself right now that I will post more frequently. Okay, moving on...
So our sono went well! (I guess.) We arrived early, because that's what we do when my husband is around. Yes, being early is a good thing, and I'm happy to say my lateness has seen considerable improvement since we've been married. Of course I was nervous, and then to top off my nervousness I had a student sonographer "practicing" on me first. She was very nice, but I didn't want to be in that room any longer than I had to be. Then the actual sonographer came in, and the first thing she did was swtich on the big flat screen TV in front of the table. I told her to turn it off because we weren't finding out the sex and I didn't want the slim chance of seeing any private parts. She was really nice, and she turned her computer monitor for us to see Baby W when it was "safe." It was really amazing to see that tiny human inside of me. My favorite picture from the day is of some tiny feet. Who can resist baby feet?? I was surprised at how long the entire sonogram took-probably about thirty minutes. The sonographer said she thought everything looked good, and the baby weighed about 10 ounces. She measured him/her to be one day ahead of my due date. The radiologist was supposed to look at the pictures, and then relay the info on to my doctor. I feel like if something was wrong, they would have called me by now. It was a great day, and I think it made it seem even more real to C.
Can you tell?? Baby feet.

So, at 20 weeks I am feeling great for the most part. I have a doctor's appointment in a little over a week and I'm very curious to see if I'm now in the positive for weight gain. I think it's safe to say I am. :) My guess is 3 lbs. from my starting weight. Appetite is good, I've been walking (with a little jogging every now and then) probably 6 times a week, and my skin seems to have cleared up from my first trimester acne. My only complaint is that I'm already having trouble sleeping. I was a stomach sleeper or a back sleeper before becoming pregnant. Now I am trying to become accustomed to sleeping on my sides, and any time I wake up on my back I freak out. I have a feeling by the end of my pregnancy, I'll be spending alot of time sleeping on the couch! Well, this post has gone on long enough...I'll end it with a picture from Week 19 and one from Week 20.
Week 19!

Week 20-So yeah, regular ol' t-shirts do not look cute on my pregnant self.

No comments:

Post a Comment